Issue 33 preview!
It's out now both in print and via the digital edition - read on for a first look at the cover and contents of the latest issue...
Posted by Peter Eland on Wednesday 1 Apr 2009
Well, this has been one of those issues that's like pulling teeth to get finished, but now it's done I'm thinking it's a good one :-). Without further ado, here's the cover and contents:
Rob Brock, architects on parking, tandemists wanted, new products galore, plus a full cycling events listing for 2009.
10 Pedalling vegetables
An organic wholefood shop in Derby brings fresh produce to the less mobile by pedal power.
12 Review: Hase Pino tandem
Reviewing the latest generation of the upright-recumbent tandem from Hase Bikes, now with a new, separable frame.
16 Review: Pirol Street Vario recumbent trike
A touring-oriented, full-suspension trike from Germany put through its paces.
21 Review: Kidztandem
We ride the versatile Kidztandem, where children take the front seat with an adult at the back doing the steering.
24 Review: Challenge Alizé recumbent trike
The latest trike from Challenge adds a folding frame, refined steering and some clever design details to its repertoire.
28 Short reviews:
- 28 Gocycle preview - beta-testing the compact electric folder.
- 29 Grips on the cheap: the Specialized alternative. Plus, Zefal security QRs.
- 30 R&E Big Squeeze cantilever brakes: a clever choice for a tandem?
- 31 ABUS Urban I helmet: commuter headgear.
- 32 Books: the Embacher collection documented, and a journey around the world.
- 34 Potts cable lubricator, ABUS's new lock mount, and Ankelite/Baglite solar illumination.
36 Readers' Bikes
- 36 A first-time recumbent biker takes on a Baccetta.
- 38 Mike Burrows on the carbon construction of his latest bike.
- 40 A rare ride report on two recumbents from the 1930 by collector Bob Cordon Champ.
- 43 Reelights revisited: self-powered lights on a trike.
- 44 The town tandem: adapting a short-wheelbase frame.
- 46 Albania: rough-road recumbent touring.
Save that Saracen, a DIY longbike, Russian recumbents, lights test feedback, another boat-towing trailer, and a new off-road quad: it's another fine set of contributions from our creative readers.
53 Subscribe to Velo Vision
How to subscribe, back issues, and details of our distributors worldwide.
The first place to look for specialist products and services! Please support our advertisers, who support the magazine.
Its arrived 01/04/2009! It looks good of course.
Is Dylan riding the new 'Thai massage vibro-pad' seat?
Thanks for issue 33! One question: Is there any website for "Arcitects tackle bike parking"?
we are an association promoting urban biking. Is your magazine available in France. Do you have a link with a french association.
Thanks in advance for your feeback
You must be signed in to post comments. Sign in or register via our forum to create an account.
Search Velo Vision website story archive:
Search full magazine text via the digital edition: